Divisions > Pharmaceutical > Custom Synthesis > Areas Of Expertise > Phytochemicals
Phytochemical extraction and semi-synthesis is a key area of expertise of Alfa’s custom synthesis partners.
Extracted phytochemicals can be used as building blocks and further reacted by standard chemical reactions to related functional compounds. Our partners are world leaders in the extraction of active ingredients from medicinal plants and are involved in the whole process from cultivation of the plants through to the marketing of finished dose forms containing the plant derived API. They are also experienced in the synthesis of phytochemicals where that route offers economic benefits.
- 3 Extraction plants
- Capacity of 3000 mt/a of herbal raw material
- Multiple counter current extraction process
- Chromatographic purification and automated fractionation (column volume : 250 + 500 litres)
- Multipurpose synthesis equipment
- Tri-terpenes made to cGMP e.g. ursolic and betulinic acids
- Tropane alkaloid chemistry
- Extraction of compounds such as Digoxin and Scopolamine derivatives
Alfa can select the most appropriate partner for your project based on the wide range of chemistry expertise and technologies at our disposal. Please contact us for more information on our partners and their capabilities, or to discuss how we can assist with your custom synthesis requirements.